What the Workforce of Tomorrow Looks Like
Predictions and key trends
The following is an extract from “ING Future Focus: Preparing for the digital workforce of tomorrow”
Published May 2020
• Robots join the team – digital connectedness will thrive, from robots and drones utilised in healthcare, to tech connecting people who are separated.
• STEMpathy will get you hired – whilst some machines might take over old jobs, emotional intelligence is not something that can be programmed. It will be important for people to have multiple skill sets that combine creativity and entrepreneurship with digital technologies.
• Eco companies will lead the way – as we look to tomorrow, businesses that focus on sustainability, renewable energy and carbon neutrality will be the leaders of our new economy.
• EdTech the new normal – within schools and workplaces we will continue to gain access to world-class mentors and teachers through hybrid education models that fuse virtual learning with face-to-face.
• Your wellbeing is the priority – we will see workplaces place greater emphasis on mental health and wellbeing, including access to online therapy, mediation apps and dedicated wellbeing spaces.
• A home office will be common place – as more workplaces offer the opportunity to work from home, we will see a rise in those looking to build or buy properties with home offices.
• Those who can adapt quickly will thrive – whilst niche skills will still be needed, it will become increasingly important for people to diversify their skill sets and continue to learn outside of traditional education to ensure they are flexible and ready for change.
Top 10 Growing Industries
1. BioTech, Pharmaceutical & Life Sciences 2. Cyber Security 3. Healthcare 4. Robotics 5. Agriculture 6. Renewable Energy 7. Sustainability and Wellness 8. Grocery Delivery 9. EdTech 10. Digital Entertainment
Top 20 Emerging Jobs
- Medical Tele-Storyteller
- Financial Coach
- Black Swan Risk Manager
- Agricultural Technologist
- Industrial Robotics
- Executive Creativity
- Cyber Security Defender
- Digital Literacy Coach
- Digital Ethicist
- Supply Chain Re-Designer
- Business(War)games Designer
- Transformation Manager
- Business Model Re-Designer
- Trust Officer
- Artificial Resource Manager
- Scaleable Psychologist
- Home Office Interior Designer
- Survival / Prepper Mentor
View full report here.