Mensa New Zealand Incorporated is pleased to offer scholarships to
New Zealand students who are undertaking tertiary study.
Up to three scholarships of $500 each will be awarded at the discretion of the National Committee of Mensa New Zealand.
Purpose of Scholarship
To provide financial assistance to a New Zealand student with an interest in pursuing tertiary education in any field.
Students who meet the following criteria are eligible for the scholarship. The candidate must:
- Be resident in New Zealand
- Be studying at, or be planning to study at, an approved tertiary education institution (acceptance letter or official record of study required before scholarship is paid out)
Application materials must be received by 30 September 2021 in order to be considered. Please send completed materials to email@example.com.
The following materials must be submitted:
- Completed application form.
- A typed essay (No more than 550 words, double-spaced) addressing one of the following topics:
How do you believe your study will assist to:
- identify and foster human intelligence for the benefit of humanity; or
- encourage research in the nature, characteristics and uses of intelligence
- One letter of reference or recommendation from a teacher, coach, or other adult who is not an immediate relative.
See Mrs Blake for more information/assistance.